What to do after a trucking accident? • San Antonio
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as a direct result of the careless, negligent, wrongful, or reckless act of a company, person, or a municipality in an trucking accident we will aggressively advocate for your just compensation.
Wrongful injury or loss of a loved one is devastating. Trevino Injury Law takes pride in addressing clients’ full range of [questions and concerns]. We will make sure you thoroughly understand your rights.
Protecting Your Rights After a Trucking Accident
If you have been involved in an accident with a commercial truck, the first thing to protect is your safety and the safety of those around you. After you and loved ones have called for an ambulance, if necessary, and moved out of the way of oncoming traffic, you should begin to think about gathering evidence to help your claim. It is not easy to think clearly when in shock, but there are crucial pieces of information that can only be gathered immediately after a crash. The details you record now may help prove the truck driver was negligent, fatigued, intoxicated, or that the truck itself was defective or in disrepair.
First call the police and file a report even if they do not come to the scene of the accident. Provide them with an honest and factual account. The police accident report will become a key piece of evidence when determining whether or not the truck driver is at fault. Avoid speaking to the driver of the truck. Even seemingly trivial statements can end up being used against you in court or an insurance investigation.
Gathering Evidence for a Trucking Accident Claim
Collect or make note of the following details:
- Names, contacts, and insurance information of all other drivers involved.
- Names and contact information of all witnesses.
- Driver’s license and license plate numbers of all drivers involved—especially the truck driver at fault.
- Weather and road conditions at the time of the accident.
- Take photographs or video of personal injuries and property damage.
- Take photographs or make note of any skid marks left by the truck, and the condition of the truck—paying particular attention to the tires, cargo load, mirrors, lights, and windshield.
- Write down everything you remember about the sequence of events that led to the collision.
Should I Speak to My Insurance Agent After a Trucking Accident?
Yes, you should also call your insurance provider and make a report. Provide the same honest and factual account you gave the police, and do not in any way assume fault for the accident. Do not speak to the truck driver or trucking company’s insurance representatives, or their lawyers. You need an experienced attorney representing your interests to handle these sensitive conversations.
Start Your Claim Today!
Trevino Injury Law is a San Antonio based law firm who works on a “contingency fee basis” on all personal injury cases. Simply put, we only get paid if we win your case. If there is no recovery, you pay nothing.
“Trevino Injury Law is a leader in personal injury law with trial experience that speaks for itself.” – Candelario Trevino
Click Below to Discover: